Big Dick’s Crispy Chicken Wings 🍗
Ever wondered how to create that ever-so crispy coated chicken wing in the oven? Throw out that deep fat fryer, and follow me. I’ll show you how.
Prep Time: 15mins
Cooking Time: 45mins
1 pack of organic, free-range chicken wings
1 bottle of Big Dick’s Original Sauce (100ml)
50g melted butter (unsalted)
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp black pepper
2tsp Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
100ml plain flour
2 tbsp baking powder (not bicarbonate soda)
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (Gas mark 7). Make sure you got one shelf at the top midsection ready.
2. pop your whole bottle of Big Dick's into a saucepan, along with the butter and Worcestershire sauce. cook on low heat, until the butter has completely melted. Whisk it all in together, then decant to a jug to cool down slightly.
3. Make sure all wings are separated and there is no tip. If they're not, grab your sharpest knife and cut those bad boys up. Once you have your Drums and Flats separated, lay your wings out on a baking tray or kitchen roll, and pat them dry with paper towels.
4. Chuck your flour into a measuring jug, along with your baking powder, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, & cayenne powder. Use a whisk to combine everything together. Use more cayenne pepper if you really wanna spice kick!
5. Whack your wings into a large bowl and coat them with the flour/baking powder mixture. Give them a good old shake and toss to make sure they're all evenly coated.
6. Line a baking tray with foil dull side up. Spray the rack with a spray of oil of your choice then place it on the baking tray.
7. Place your wings 'Skin Side Up' on your rack. Bake on the top mid-shelf for roughly 45 mins, rotating the tray halfway through.
8. Halfway through baking, smear a slight amount of oil on the top of the wing using a Basting/Pastry brush. This will give the wings that extra crunch.
9. When the wings look dark golden brown and the skin is super crispy, they are ready to serve.
10. Leave to stand for 2/3 min, then toss in your Big Dick's Sauce you made earlier. Serve with a nice cold can of Punk IPA.
Leave a comment